We'll likely be moving ~$100,000 (two Roth IRAs, about 80k/20k split) from a mix of Nationwide funds to a combination of Vanguard whole-market stock and bond index funds (details below). All else being equal, I'd prefer to move all of the money at once to 1) have enough money to buy Admiral rather than Investor shares 2) simplify the process.
That said, I'd prefer not to take on unnecessary risk, and would dollar cost average the transfer if it would have financial/risk benefits. Would dollar cost averaging make sense in this situation, or would a lump sum transfer work since the money is already in the market? (I'm not sure how similar/different my current and planned investments are, or how important this is).
- NWHJX Nationwide Bailard International Equities Fund Class A 11.90%
- NBDAX Nationwide Bond Fund Class A 14.80%
- NWHVX Nationwide Geneva MidCap Growth Fund Class A 12.50%
- NMFAX Nationwide Growth Fund Class A 38.00%
- NWGPX Nationwide HighMark Small Cap Core Fund Class A 11.60%
- NWJCX Nationwide Ziegler NYSE Arca Tech 100 Index Fund Class A 11.20%
Planned Investments (percentages still in the works):
- VFIAX Vanguard 500 Index Fd Admiral Shs 35.00%
- VTSAX Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fd Admiral Shs 35.00%
- VTIAX Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fd Admiral 10.00%
- VBTLX Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund Admiral Shares 20.00%