My friend has not filed taxes for 8 years. He now turns 65 and wants to apply for CPP and OAP. He did not previously file because he made very little money as a landscaper. (plowing snow and cutting grass). Where does he start to correct this problem?


He should look into the Voluntary Disclosures Program. He will have to keep up to date with his taxes thereafter, but the outcome will likely be better than if they discover he hasn't been filing before he discloses it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for?Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.