Let's imagine the following situation: You have a domain like example.com and someone is interested in buying it. You as the owner of the domain are located in the European Union and the interested party is an American company.
The domain transfer is done by an so-called AuthCode. You get this code from the registrar and hand it over to the customer, who initiate the transfer process. You will be asked to confirm the transfer. That's how I understand the technical process of transfering a web domain.
To all this I have a couple of questions:
- Is it advisable to set up a contract? Should this contract send by snail mail, so it's valid?
- When is it appropriate moment to receive the money? Before handing over the AuthCode?
- When is the moment to hand over the AuthCode?
- What is the best way to receive the money? (transaction fee should be < 2%)
- Are there other things, which I should pay attentiont to, if I want to sell a web domain safely?