I received some RSUs in 2010 and I'm wondering how I should report these on my taxes. The RSUs were taxed when they were issued so there were some shares withheld for tax purposes. I did not sell any of my RSUs, but I'm wondering if I still need to report it.

Total shares issued - shares withheld for taxes = net shares issued


No, you don't have to report anything besides what is reported on your W-2. Your company should have already included this as ordinary income in Box 1 and the respective taxes in the tax boxes. Please refer to this sample W-2 example below.


| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.