When I was working in India I got some RSUs and also purchased ESPPs from my company by contributing from my salary.Its US based company located in India. I have an account in ETrade.

ETrade has deducted 30% of RSUs as part of taxes before it vests in my ETrade account and the ESPPs I purchased from my salary which is already a taxable income in India.

I got H1-B,moved to US and I resigned my Indian company.

So,My question is do I need to pay tax in US if I sell shares being in US.I have paid taxes for all my RSUs and ESPPs, while I was in India.

Please let me know your thoughts on this,Your is greatly appreciated.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.