I do not know if secured credit cards do not exist in Hong Kong.

Then how else can credit be rebuilt? My in-laws had credit card debt 20 years ago that is still on the credit report?


TransUnion, the only credit information provider in Hong Kong, keeps negative information on your credit report tends to fall off five years after the accounts are settled, or eight if you’ve been through bankruptcy. If a 20-year-old credit card debt has been settled but still be found on the report, you might need to contact TransUnion and see if a correction shall be made.

One way to rebuilt the credit score is to get a credit card if you do not, use it, and make sure the payments are on-time. Secured credit cards does not exist in Hong Kong but chances of getting credit cards are high if you have a stable income or have been maintaining a high balance in the bank.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy