I am a german citizen and live in Germany, and want to work as a freelance-translator for a company called "gengo" , that seems to be registered in the US (quoting from the website: "a Delaware corporation"). They classify the translators as "independent contractors" (see https://gengo.com/legal/translator-agreement/). In the same document, they say I "agree to sign US tax and regulatory documentation". I am pretty sure that I have to pay taxes in Germany, but does that mean that I also have to pay taxes in the US?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.