I already file returns for year 2013-14, after e - verification I got intimation that I need to pay Rupees 570/-, along with that ITNS 280 also attached.

How can I pay the pending amount. Can be paid online or do I have to go bank / income tax office.


You can pay the taxes online. Visit the Income Tax Site. Select the Right Challan ITNS280. Select 0021, then select 400 [This should be mentioned in your ITNS] Ensure you are paying the tax against the notice.

After you pay the tax, note the details. You would need to file a revised return for the same year. When filing revised returns, ensure that you select the right reason for revision based on the notice.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.