Hi I purchased a house for which the settlement was on 01/07/2016. Just wondering any benefits or tax benefits I can claim for the period until 30/06/2016. I'm aware of the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG). However, my house is an established one and its purchased value was more than $660k. I'm not an tax accountant so just want some more information or clues I can start with.


hope you have gone through the nsw government websites regarding this: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/complete/fhog

According to the link - no grants for established homes. When did you move to NSW? here in ACT - we can claim the stamp duty in tax (within one year of moving here).

  • I know it's not for established home. Can we claim tax return on stamp duty in nsw too? – TrongBang Aug 18 '16 at 11:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.