Whether it is possible to get copy of my W-2 from IRS for past few years?

For some reasons, i need to have copy of my last 7 years W-2. I was wondering whether it is possible for me to get my copies from IRS ?


You, or anyone with your permission, can request a copy of your tax returns including W-2 forms by using Form 4506, or you can request just a transcript using Form 4506-T.

Here's an explanation of the differences.

Or, if you know of all of your employers that issued you a W-2 in the last 7 years, you could try contacting them instead to get another copy.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.