I am self-employed and charge and receive HST. I file an HST return so any monies are returned to the government. Is the HST portion of my invoice to be included in my taxable income?


No. It is recorded in a contra account that washes itself out after each submission. Any monies "earned" in this account would be deemed income.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy