I have a very strange problem which drives me crazy for almost about a year and I just don't know what I can try to do next.
So here's the situation so far:
- All my Wells Fargo debit cards seems to be not working for purchases outside US, well, almost.
- I'm saying almost because sometimes they do - but I'm failing to figure out when exactly. I had assumption that this has something to do with week days but still failing to figure out why.
- Here's the page I see each time when I'm trying to use my card outside of US for the first time:
- After successful activation I see following screen:
- After successful password submit transaction is declined without any reason why it's happened provided.
- This is about internet purchases only I have no troubles with using card in local ATMs or for paying in shops at all.
Sounds like I'm trying to use this Stack instead of just going to the Wells Fargo support, doesn't it? But actually in Bank following is happening:
- First, they've told me the reason is I hadn't called and asked to approve the card usage of card outside of US. But I actually did and they've acknowledged it.
- Then they've told me that there's no signs of any activity on their side (they literally can not see that I've even tried to pay)
- They refused to explain (literally - "I don't know") who is in charge of interface I've provided eariler.
- They've taken my card and had tried to make purchase I had problem with to be sure my claims are valid. They've acknowledged that indeed there is a problem, but the nature of that problem is a mystery for them.
I'm kind of frustrated because well, this is first time in my life when my payment is not accepted and I'm failing to figure out who's responsibility it is. To be honest, I've been quite shocked when bank refused to say what is this interface and why I see Wells Fargo logo there, but let me put emotions aside and ask a question:
If my payments are refused and bank insists that they have no traces of this activity at all - whom next I can reach to try to solve this issue?
Because I'm pretty much despaired. Buying tickets outside US is becoming a pretty bad experience to me.