I am in Orange County California, and I went on a trip with my Aunts & Cousins, all of us exchanged our money at once. We can our money to my Aunt, and she gave us checks with her signature on the top back. Was no problem to use them in Brazil, but now we are back in America, and I would like to get my $100 back. I live in California and she lives in Minnesota though. So is there anyway for me to get the money off it without having her present to sign it & get it cashed for me?

Thank you!

  • Mail it to her, have her mail you a normal check in return....
    – keshlam
    May 22, 2016 at 0:12
  • Traveler checks are signed upon receipt by the person who had initially bought them. The way they work is that they are particularly hard to steal, because the cashing procedure involves being watched as you countersign. The signatures must match.
    – CKM
    May 22, 2016 at 22:23

1 Answer 1


Traveller check require one signature at top when the check are purchased. Matching signature at bottom when you want to encash.

So if there is no signature, you would need to get her signature, or as suggested mail it to her and get a regular check.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .