My father died in 2009 and left me all his property and belongings in a will. I have lived in the home and paid the taxes since then. Is it possible to get a loan against the property so I can fix the home and also pay for the probate court with a will?


A bank isn't going to offer to lend you money on a property you don't own.

You first need to finish the process of probate and get a clear title.

Then it's your house and a bank with lend you money based on a combination of your income and the home's value.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.