I need to know what do they call this type of fee?

  • Are you asking about the companies that you're making a purchase from or the company that you got the card through?
    – Sam
    Apr 14 '16 at 0:17

Usually it is called a "convenience fee", but they could call it anything they want I guess. Depending on the card issuer and state, this practice may be against the rules for the merchant to do this (although less so than before 2013)

  • +1 for the 2013 note; I used to keep the MC/Visa rule listing noting that was against the Merchant Agreement in my wallet. Also, I've seen "surcharge" used as well. Apr 14 '16 at 0:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.