I own a Nevada LLC and will start doing some business in California this year. However, it seems to pay the California Franchise Tax, I need an SOS number for California (I could be wrong, but Google searches have not turned anything up yet).

If I need an SOS number from California, how and where do I obtain it?

If I do not, how would I pay the $800 California Franchise Tax?

Thank you in advanced.

1 Answer 1


SOS stands for Secretary of State. The California Department of State handles the business entities registration, and the website is here. See "Forms" in the navigation menu on the left. Specifically, you'll be looking for LLC-5.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .