I am really confused about what forms I have to fill and submit for my 2015 Tax return in USA. I am an Indian lived in USA for whole 2015 tax year.

I have a joint NRE account with my spouse in India with SBI. I have incurred some interest on that account for the FDs I made during 2015.

The total value of the NRE account exceed $50,000. Interest earned on those FDs do not exceed $1500, $1192 to be specific (converted from INR to USD, rate used from US Treasury).

Do I have to file Form 8938?

Do I also have to fill FBAR form from their website?

Since my total ($10 1099-INT + 67 1099-DIV + $1192 Interest from Foreign bank account) interest is less than $1500, I am assuming I do not have to fill Schedule B.

Which line of form 1040 I enter this foreign bank interest into?

I went through FATCA information on IRS website. But clueless.

Please help.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.