I am a US permanent resident and I was working for a Canadian company as an independent contractor for the first half of 2015 without any 1099s and they wire transfer my wages directly into my US bank account. Then after 6 months, the company opened its US branch so for the second half of 2015 I was under US payroll and I received W-2 form.

I have already entered my W-2 form's info in TurboTax and entered the total wages for the first 6 months by checking Foreign or international organizations and filling the Total self-employed wages.

I am not sure if I did this correctly or maybe I should file Schedule-C! But given the fact that I am not a business owner nor a freelancer, I think that I shouldn't file Schedule-C. Again for the first 6 months I don't have 1099s or anything else. Now the thing which bothers me is that TurboTax shows the total income of W-2 form as my total income but I think my total income should be the total income of W-2 form plus my income from the first half of 2015. Is this correct?

Am I doing it correctly by just entering the self employment wages? Or I should do s.t. different?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.