I filled my first tax form in 2013 -- form 8843. But the next year (2014) while I was filling the form 1040NR, when asked "Did you file a U.S. income tax return for any prior year?", I forgot that I filled a form 8843 before, and didn't fill in that blank. Now that I realized I filled this question wrongly, do I need to send an amendment to correct this question?

1 Answer 1


Form 8843 is not an income tax return. I don't think you need to file an amendment.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .