My husband is a Canadian citizen and he is working in USA on a TN visa. I am in Canada on a Work Permit and I am not a PR yet. I have two questions:

  1. Am I considered as a tie for my husband to Canada in terms of tax? Shall he pay taxes to both US and Canada?

  2. I have an offer from a University in USA to both work as a researcher on campus and earn my PhD, If I go to USA on a F1 visa, how is it for my husband an I in terms of tax?

I am asking since I know I can study on TD visa but I cannot work on campus in the University.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.