My profession is licensed by NYS and I own my own business (LLC in NY). I have been afforded the following opportunity:
Most of the money I earn are from municipal sources (1099) for services I provide. These services are legal in nature and usually takes the form of reviewing documents.
The scenario would work like this:
- Relocate family to Florida
- In new FL hope have a home office sufficient to maintain the work and working from Florida most work days.
- Travel to NY 1-4 times per month for business related purposes.
- Do I pay NY Taxes?
- Are my travel expenses to NY deductible?
- If I maintained a studio apartment or the like in NY can I deduct the rent? (if maintained exclusively for the purposes of my business travel)