I am a US citizen and I currently live abroad. I will work for a US company by distance and I need to complete the I-9. I have my relative's mailing address that I currently receive my mail. Which address should I put to I-9? My US address or my foreign address? Thank you in advance

  • Do you mean W-9?
    – user102008
    Mar 22, 2016 at 5:54

2 Answers 2


You should put your own address.

Keep in mind that your employer may need to register in the jurisdiction you live in, depending on the local laws, and pay local taxes.


You should only need to complete an I-9 if you are starting work in the United States. Since you are not planning to work in the United States, the company should not ask for an I-9 from you.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .