I live in Massachusetts, USA, as an international student with F1 visa. I did a 14-week internship in California last year from May 26, 2015 to September 4, 2015. Do I need to fill some income tax return form in California?


The short answer, yes.

The relevant information can be found on this page. Excerpt:

Determine your residency status: Residents, nonresidents, and part-year residents

A part-year resident is any individual who is a California resident for part of the year and a nonresident for part of the year.

How California taxes residents, nonresidents, and part-year residents

Part-year residents of California - Taxed on all income received while a resident and only on income from California sources while a nonresident.

To register, go on this page:

enter image description here

And once you are done registering:

enter image description here

enter image description here

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.