I, a US citizen sold some foreign stocks. But could repatriate the money to US after a while. In that time the currency moved substantially. How do I account for currency fluctuations? My Schedule D will have capital gains/losses for the stock. Can I add currency trade too to the Schedule D to account for the currency value change?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.