I am a non-resident alien; I am retired and do not conduct any business within the US. However, I receive royalty income from some oil wells located in Oklahoma. Is this royalty income determined to be effectively connected income and therefore should I report in on Schedule E and also Line 18 on the 1040NR and do I have to go through the fairly-lengthy election statement to have it classified as ECI? Thanks.

1 Answer 1


It is ECI since the income is sourced to the US. It should be reported on your 1040NR Schedule E.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .