I have few questions on tax returns filing, please help.

  1. I am on F1 EAD OPT visa, can I still file returns on 1098-E form.
  2. Many were suggesting to do paper file rather than e-file. Can I e-file too.



can I still file returns on 1098-E form.

1098-E is not a tax return form, it is the form used to report student loan interest.

What you're probably asking is whether the student loan interest is deductible for you. They are, looking at the IRS instructions.

Can I e-file too.

Form 1040-NR can be e-filed.

| improve this answer | |
  • It looks like I can show my interest payments while I was on EAD OPT visa too. Pls correct me if I am wrong. Thanks – Manoj Feb 8 '16 at 6:31
  • Yes, I though that's what you were asking about... – littleadv Feb 8 '16 at 6:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.