Just found out about FBAR.

I have a pension investment in India (over $10K) that involves paying yearly premium (I've paid 8 of the 20 premiums) to it. It matures in 12 years and until then I do not receive any money out of it.

Do i just file an FBAR FinCEN form with a reason for filing late as 'Did not know i had to file'?

Let me know. Thanks.


As long as you didn't "forget" to report any income with regards to these accounts, you should be fine doing that. See more information and specific instructions on this IRS site.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.