I worked on-campus in 2015 for 2 months during my masters in IT on F-1 Visa as a student. My school paid me around 1500$ for working 2 months on-campus.

Then I got an internship in my final semister and started working for a company. I have earned some income around 3000$.

Now, I graduated from my school in May, 2015. I started working with the same company for a co-op position and I have earned an income around 15000$ after graduating, during my OPT.

I am filing taxes. these are the forms which I am considering, please let me know If I am goind wrong.

  1. 8843
  2. 1040 NR-EZ
  3. State from which is Form-1 NR/PY in Massachusetts

I have filled all these forms and I am stuck with the Item J in the 1040 NR-EZ, which is about the India-USA tax treaties. In this item J, I have to mentioned about the standardized deduction for students like US-India tax treaty accroding to according to article 21(2). I want to know if there are any other tax treaties for International students from India, who are in F-1?

Are there any other exemptions for an international student from India, please let me know If I missed something? Thanks :)

1 Answer 1


There's only one tax treaty (the Indo-US tax treaty). You need to check what else may apply to you (probably nothing else, but you need to check based on your personal circumstances).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .