My wages got put in to the wrong account the company I worked for sent me the account number and sort code but I carnt find the name on the account is there any way of doing this

closed as unclear what you're asking by user32479, NL - Apologize to Monica, JTP - Apologise to Monica Jan 12 '16 at 18:56

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 7
    I think you're going to need to put a bit more effort into your question; right now it's incoherent, and it's missing some important information. Are you saying that your company made a direct deposit that went into an account that is not your own account, and told you the account number it was sent to, and you want to find out whose account it was put in? If that's the case, I'd also include why you feel you need that information. – Joe Jan 11 '16 at 17:52
  • 1
    Your employer should be able to reverse the transaction and correct it. What country are you in? – mikeazo Jan 11 '16 at 18:01
  • Yes joe you are correct but also to the case the company I was working for have said that it was I that rang them to change my bank details which I never yet when I went to the bank because I told them the exact amount that went in on that certain day they confirmed the payment had been made and that it was no longer in the account the following day I just wanted to no if this must be the account of someone I no ?? Help please – Shane Jan 11 '16 at 18:53
  • 1
    I don't know UK laws/regulations/etc. on the matter. In the US it would be the responsibility of the employer to put a trace on the deposit, and to eventually correct it, even if it were your fault for giving them the wrong information - see this article for example - but in the UK things might be different, I don't know. – Joe Jan 11 '16 at 19:55
  • 3
    Report it to the police. If what you say is true, someone has committed criminal fraud. The police will be able to determine who owns the bank account (but likely won't tell you). – ChrisInEdmonton Jan 12 '16 at 1:32

This is not your problem and you should not try to fix it.

If your employer paid money into someone else's account instead of yours they should ask their bank to reverse it and should pay you your wages while they are waiting for this to be done. No bank will let you do anything about money paid by someone else into an account that is not yours, or give you details of someone else's account.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.