I'm an international student in California. I received a letter from Chase asking for filled forms about residency status. They provided empty forms including W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E and W-9. I remember I filled W-8BEN and mailed it back to Chase. How can I check the status?


  • 1
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because this is a customer service issue. The first step is to call the bank branch or the point of contact mentioned in the letter. – mhoran_psprep Jan 9 '16 at 13:11
  • 1
    This looks like a legit question to me. Maybe it needs more edits - "I'm an international student in California. For tax purposes, when I need to forms about residency status, W8, W9, etc, what is my status?" - I've lost faith in relying on answers from anyone at a local bank. – JTP - Apologise to Monica Jan 9 '16 at 13:39

It's a W-8BEN. The student needs to call Chase who would have received it and applied the tax withholding. The only answer is "Call Chase".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.