Can I take a loss on conversion? If so, how do I do so (i.e. what U.S. tax form do I use)?


The rules are complex. See How to Deduct IRA Losses, at Smart Money. You must liquidate the entire account (bad) and the loss is subject to the amount exceeding 2% of your AGI. If you are subject to AMT, you may lose any or all of that remaining amount.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.