I would like to know if it it possible to invest, buy stock, for example in Apple from outside the US.

I would not like to use bank accounts in possible rather the credit card, to do this, what would be a simple way (no real previous experience in this).

Also, what would be the minimum amount (I'm not willing to try with huge sums of money)

Of course by all means this should be safe.

Thanks in advance!

  • Perhaps you should just get a separate bank account and transfer only the money you want to invest to that account. Then the rest of your accounts are still safe.
    – user296
    Jan 18, 2011 at 16:42
  • 2
    I seriously doubt if any sane broker/merchant will allow you to trade with your credit card.
    – DumbCoder
    Jan 18, 2011 at 16:53

1 Answer 1


You'll have to take cash from your Credit Card account and use that to trade. I doubt any brokerage house will take credit cards as it's trading without any collateral (since credit cards are an unsecured credit)

  • Ok I get it, but I though there might be an online system to which I can pay and then invest my money?
    – Trufa
    Jan 18, 2011 at 16:07
  • 2
    Credit cards also hit the merchant with a fee of around 3% per transaction. If you're a retailer who appreciates the convenience it brings your customers, that's one thing, but if you're in the business of trading cash for securities it ain't gonna fly.
    – user296
    Jan 18, 2011 at 16:41

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .