I'm completing my masters degree after this Spring semester. I have no debt from my undergraduate degree, but have accumulated around $20,000 for my graduate degree.
- Currently my interest rates range from 2.250% to 8.250%
- I have loans through two separate institutions (AES and SalieMae)
- Most of my loans are for $1800 - $4200
- I have about 8 loans altogether
- Both my wife's and my credit scores are high 700s
In case you're saying "hey that math doesn't add up", my company is giving me funds to assist.
Anyway, is there a reason I shouldn't consolidate these after I graduate (or even immediately) at somewhere like earnest? Are there downsides to using consolidation services like this that I should be aware of?