For example let's say I wanted to see how the Free Software Foundation or the GNOME Foundation applied. Are those records accessible by the public?


1 Answer 1


Sure you can! Check out the IRS website.

IF you want...

A copy of an exemption application...

THEN file Form 4506-A with...

Internal Revenue Service Attn: Correspondence Unit

You may also purchase copies of scanned Forms 990, 990-EZ for IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, Form 990-T (IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations filed after August 17, 2006) and all 990-PF returns on DVD from the Ogden Submission Processing Center.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.