My friend has arrived in Australia from China to stay for a year on a working holiday visa. He wants to transfer some of his money from his Chinese bank.

If it makes a difference, on the China side it's Bank of China and on the Australia side it's ANZ bank.

I don't know much about the technical stuff and terminology but the obvious way is with something called SWIFT but I'm wondering if there's a cheaper way that the experts here know about that's not common knowledge to normal people.

  • To answer this question, we probably need to know how much the banks are charging you. Is it a percentage? A flat fee? Depending on the amount of money, Western Union could be an option. – Tim Malone Jun 5 '16 at 20:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.