I live in the U.S. but am holding an event in Mexico. People will pay to attend the event. How do I claim that income for taxes either in Mexico or the U.S. and what is the process for receiving money and declaring, it, etc?

  • 2
    On your US tax return you claim it just as any other event, it doesn't matter where you held it. Re Mexico - you'll probably want to talk to a Mexican tax accountant (I'm sure you can find those in some of the US States where there's large Mexican population). There probably is an article in the US-Mexican tax treaty which addresses this kind of one-off event income – littleadv Nov 27 '15 at 4:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.