- I am an spanish software developer in his 30s, single, no kids, living and working in another EU country with a decent salary.
- I have saved around 25k€ in the last three years working abroad plus another 30k€ that I saved before in Spain (a mix of long term savings plus inherited money).
- I am planning to work abroad for another two years, that should give me around 15k€ plus on my savings putting them in around 70k€ (provided nothing unexpected happens).
- After this two years I am planning to move back to Spain to live in my hometown.
- Once back in my home region I will be lucky if make half the salary I am making now.
Will it be a good idea to use all those savings in buying a flat once I am back in Spain? Will it be better just to rent a flat and keep the savigs for reserve/investment?
Thanks in advance for your advice.