I'd like to get things in order so the application process can be quick, so I thought I'd scan a bunch of documents beforehand. What will I need?
You may not need all of these, but if you have them, you should have everything the mortgage people will ever ask for.
- Recent bank statements from all of your banks (including brokerage accounts)
- The last two years of W2's
- A copy of your driver's license
- A copy of your social security card
- The last two years of tax returns
- Your last two paystubs
- A copy of the signed sales contract
- A copy of the cancelled check you provided for down payment.
- If you own more than 25% of a business, the last two years of tax returns for the business