I'm a Canadian citizen doing a rotational program with an international company based in UK. I'm paid by the American holdings office, and I was living and working in California between September '14 and March '15 (<6 months in this calendar/fiscal year). I'm currently working in the UK until September (<6 months) at which point I will move move to China.

Where the heck am I supposed to file taxes? How do I prove to the other countries that I shouldn't be paying taxes there?

Further details:

I'm apparently no longer a resident of Canada (according to my father and some tax-related decision he made). I also haven't lived there since 2009.

I am currently on an OPT (optional practical training) F1 visa to America with a pending STEM extension. I paid taxes in the USA last year, but because the F1 is a student visa I was a non-resident alien.

I wont live in any country for greater than 6 months this year.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.