I am doing trading of goods and also provide services to various organisation. The companies would like to have all future payments made to an organization to which I am proprietor and not directly to my saving account.

As my yearly inward is not more than 2 lacs please suggest the measures to be taken and under which law I can open the organisation.

  • 1
    No idea about India, but here in the US the simplest solution is to go to our local Town Hall and file a "Doing Business As" form, which registers us as owning that company name. Then we can take that form to a bank and open an account for the company, which lets us accept checks made out to the company. There are reasons why that isn't always sufficient, but for small sole-propriator businesses with minimal liability it's often good enough to get started with. – keshlam Jun 13 '15 at 15:12

Sole Proprietor can be registered under the "Shop & Establishment Act". Find out where one can register it in your city. One needs to fill a simple form. Its a nominal fee of Rs 100/-. If there is a Chamber of Commerce, they generally help in completing the formalities for free. A CA can also help you get this done for a small fee.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.