My mother-in-law has had bank accounts in the US for many years. She has a social security number but she is too frail to travel here. My wife has Power of Atty. giving her specific powers to open a bank account for her mother. Given this situation, can my mother (through my wife's POA) open another bank account at another bank without coming here?

  • You'll probably need to ask in the bank you want an account at. – littleadv May 26 '15 at 16:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.