What is the tax implication if my dad is sending money to me here in US as a family maintenance? Do I have to pay tax on that money and how much will that be?

  • What is your tax residency status in India and US – Dheer May 12 '15 at 17:29
  • I am on H1-B in US and in India I have NRE status .. – user28863 May 12 '15 at 19:58

As the funds are Gift received from your parents, and your tax residency is US, as per US gift tax, there is no tax due from you for these funds.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.