I want to sell my House in India and bring that money to UK (living here for 2 years) to buy a house in UK. It will help me securing a loan by increasing the down payment I can make.

My question is, would I have to pay capital gain tax provided I am buying another house but not in India?


Yes you need to pay Capital Gains tax in India. Further transfer of money out of India from Ordinary account requires some formalities / paperwork. A CA should be able to guide you.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.