My wife does direct sales as a home business and I am trying to figure out the proper place to deduct the expense of a convention registration associated with that business. It seems to me that there are two options:

Option 1: Schedule C Line 24: Travel, Meals, and Entertainment (The convention involves travel so the rest of the trip would be deducted here. It seems to make sense to lump the registration fee in here too.)

Option 2: Schedule C Line 27: Other Expenses. If there is specific line for the expense then it is supposed to end up here, so it seems to make sense to deduct the registration fee here.

I can't find any direct guidance stating where to deduct it. Can anyone help?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.