I'm wondering if I have to report income from my 2013 Canadian tax return on my 2014 Canadian tax return?

I'll be filing as a non-resident if that's important.


No, a tax refund does not count as income.

Because you got a refund in 2013 that means that you paid more tax than you owe to the government based on your 2012 income. They are simply refunding you the extra tax that you paid. This won't have any effect on your 2013 taxable income.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.