I've heard that when you are added as a an authorized user on a credit card, it would be reported on your credit history.
- Larry has a Chase credit card
- John Doe has no credit cards
- Larry adds John as an authorized user on his Chase credit card. All he has to enter is first name and last name "John Doe" and John Doe becomes an authorized user
- How does the bank determine the identity of the Authorized user if all that's entered is the first and last name (there are thousands of people in the US named John Doe)
- Is there a way of requesting the bank to report you as an Authorized User?
- Is there a way of requesting the bank to NOT report you as an Authorized User?