My sister in law is looking to buy a UK property as a holiday home, she lives in Norway, other than our normal buying costs, is there any other taxes or fees she has to pay as a non UK resident ?

1 Answer 1


She would have to pay council tax (property tax) to the local authority.

  • 1
    -1: the OP is asking for fees specific to non-UK-resident house purchases, which this is not.
    – Vicky
    Mar 19, 2015 at 14:35
  • non residents owning property have to pay Council tax whch is part of the tax on a holiday home - there are rumors that non residents may have to pay extra council tax in the future
    – Pepone
    Mar 20, 2015 at 0:27

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .