I am employed full-time by an employer that does tax deductions but I also work freelance on the side which I do have a business number for and collect HST.

I know I have to fill out the HST forms (sales, total hst, total ITCs, net tax) and send them all the HST I collected (minus HST on expenses).

When I'm actually filling out the income tax what do I fill out? A business return and add personal employment income? A personal return and add self employed income (can I do deductions this way?) or a both?

  • 1
    For your business, are you incorporated, or a sole proprietor? – Chris W. Rea Mar 7 '15 at 17:20
  • sole proprieter/small supplier - just have an HST # for collecting, no incorporation or anything. – tsdexter Mar 10 '15 at 19:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.