Can I deduct from 2014 federal taxes the amount of recaptured depreciation paid to DC for 2013 on the sale of a property that was part rental/part principal residence?

  • Out of curiosity, why do you want to deduct recaptured depreciation that's already been taxed and paid in 2013 on a 2014 return?
    – user25817
    Feb 22, 2015 at 20:53

1 Answer 1


Yes, you can deduct state income taxes paid, in the year you paid them, if you itemize your deductions on Schedule A of your Federal tax return.

This is deduction from income, not a tax credit.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .