I have filed a Income tax return with ITR4 and received a communication about defective return asking to fill balance sheet and profit and loss account. I think I can file ITR1 or ITR2 instead of the lengthy ITR4. Can I still change the form and file a revised return with ITR1 or ITR2


Generally revisions are to be submitted in the same form as the Original. i.e. in your case ITR4.

However, If you were originally required to only file ITR 1 / 2 and have filed a ITR 4 in error, then yes you can file the revised return in a different form.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.